“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Benjamin Franklin coined this phrase as advice for fire safety. However, like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more aspects of modern Addison, Texas life, particularly dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some vital guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA-approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when engaging in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection, and nerve damage. It’s a dangerous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Avoid snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
My name is Dr. Johnathan Nobles. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, and so is helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and complete smile makeovers.
The Addison Dentist has been serving the Addison area since 2005. If you are in the market for an excellent dentist, we invite you to contact us at 469-998-2515 so we can make an appointment for you.
Contact The Addison Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):