What are Dental Bridges?
Is a gap in your smile bothering you? Are some of your other teeth getting worn down because they are being overused? There are several options at our practice for people who have lost teeth. Dr. Rao can suggest many missing teeth solutions to you, including dental bridges.
Dental bridges are appliances that bridge the gap caused by missing teeth. They are custom-made for you and look like natural teeth. A dental bridge is connected on both sides to dental crowns. The dental crowns keep the dental bridge secure.
Advantages to Dental Bridges
- To replace missing teeth, a dental bridge is comfortable, and you may even forget you have a dental bridge at all!
- Dental bridges look like natural teeth, so you can smile, laugh, and have your photo taken with confidence.
- A dental bridge is very secure as it is connected to dental crowns on each side. The dental crowns keep the dental bridge steady.
- Dental bridges can actually bridge the gap of two or even three missing teeth. This is accomplished by having one or two dental implants placed on either side of the gap, then attaching the dental bridge between the two dental implants. This is a remarkably sturdy option, and it is aesthetically pleasing as well.
- Dental bridges complete your smile and make your mouth feel full again. You will also notice that your cheeks don’t look so sunken in, and you look younger.
- When you have a dental bridge, it replaces your missing teeth, so all the teeth in your smile will then be used equally again.
Schedule a Dental Bridge Consultation in Addison!
If you are ready for an attractive, comfortable and natural-looking solution to missing teeth, call, text, or email The Addison Dentist today! Our capable, caring team is committed to giving you a functioning, fantastic-looking smile! Serving the Addison and Farmers Branch areas.