Implant Dentistry In Addison
When you are missing teeth, it is crucial to your health and well-being to replace them as soon as possible. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can destabilize your bite, weaken your other teeth and cause you discomfort.
When teeth are missing, bone deterioration can occur, resulting in facial sagging and collapse. Having missing teeth can also be damaging to your confidence due to the way it ages your appearance. Dental implants are a great way to replace your missing teeth and ensure that your facial structure is preserved.
What is a Tooth Implant?
A tooth implant is a tiny titanium post that is inserted into the jaw bone where teeth are missing. Over time the bone and titanium bond together, functioning like a tooth root and providing a stable foundation for artificial replacement teeth. After the implant has successfully fused with the jaw bone, the tooth implant is considered healed. A beautiful porcelain crown crafted to look just like a natural tooth is then secured to the top of the implant. The entire process typically takes around 6-8 months.
The dental crown essentially serves as the “new” tooth on top of the “new” tooth root. Dr. Maricarmen Ramirez is able to finish your dental implants by placing the crown, bridge, denture, or other prosthetic.
Uses for Tooth Implants
- Dental implants may also be used to anchor dentures, especially lower dentures that tend to shift when you talk or chew.
- For patients with removable partial dentures, dental implants can permanently replace missing teeth so that you have a more natural-looking smile.
- We offer traditional dental implants and mini dental implants. Both implant dentistry options have advantages, depending on your individual circumstances. A mini tooth implant works better for people who have limited bone in their jaw.
- Dental implants can be used to secure permanent dentures.
- All on 4 are a special type of implant supported denture that can give you dental implants and permanent dentures in a day!
Are you a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you have good oral and overall health, you are most likely a great candidate for implant dentistry. Having sufficient bone mass in your jaw is also needed to support an implant. Additionally, an ideal candidate should also have healthy gums that are without periodontal disease. Dr. Ramirez and an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon referred by our practice will conduct a dental/radiographic examination for prospective implant patients and ensure that your specific needs and considerations are addressed.
Schedule an Implant Dentistry Consultation in Addison
Interested in learning more about dental implants? Looking to schedule a consultation? Dr. Maricarmen Ramirez would be happy to provide you with all the tooth implant restoration options available so you can make the best decision for your health and your smile. Simply call, text, or email The Addison Dentist today.
Serving the Addison and Farmers Branch area!