The powerful, precise, highly-concentrated beam of light originally known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is so ubiquitous that the acronym has now been relegated to lower case.
Lasers are used in everything from weapons to barcode scanners. They have increased efficiency and advanced technology in numerous industries such as communications, manufacturing, and virtually every branch of science. Today’s post focuses on how lasers have impacted dentistry.
Lasers are now used in many cutting-edge Texas dental practices for a broad range of services. Lasers allow dentists to be extremely precise when working on both tooth and gum tissue.
Dentists use lasers to:
- Remove decay while preserving more intact tooth material
- Firmly attach bonding material to a tooth
- Remove oral lesions or obtain tissue for biopsies
- Reshape receded gums
- Eliminate bacteria while performing root canals
- Increase the effectiveness of tooth whitening agents
Dental patients benefit with:
- Fewer stitches – some surgical procedures require no sutures when a laser is used
- Faster healing
- Lower risk of infection
- Decreased damage to surrounding tissue/bone
- Less pain – eliminates the need for anesthesia in many procedures
The Addison Dentist employs advanced dental technology with seasoned competence to serve our valued patients. At The Addison Dentist, we believe that every man, woman, and child deserves a beautiful smile and a lifetime of oral health.
For questions about laser dentistry, sedation dentistry, Invisalign or teeth whitening, call 469-998-2515 today to schedule a consultation at The Addison Dentist in Addison. We are located at 4145 Belt Line Rd Ste 208.
Contact The Addison Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
4145 Belt Line Rd Ste 208