Thank you for visiting the The Addison Dentist blog. I’m Dr. Maricarmen Ramirez. Along with my fantastic team, I have been providing quality dental care since 2005.
Today’s article is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA insignia on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental institution?
The ADA’s objective is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local associations. It was founded in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a verification of the assertions made by said product. Companies who want the ADA seal for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA seal.
The ADA does more than analyze dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to perform its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to increase access to dental care
- Offers advice on essential issues that affect the dental industry
- Cooperates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
For more information about the ADA, visit http://www.ada.org/en/about-the-ada
Contact The Addison Dentist: 469-998-2515
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
4145 Belt Line Rd Ste 208