Implant Dentistry In Addison
When you are missing teeth, it is crucial to your health and well-being to replace them as soon as possible. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can destabilize your bite, weaken your other teeth and cause you discomfort. When teeth are missing, your mouth can shift and even cause your face to look older. Having missing teeth can also be damaging to your confidence. Dental implants are a great way to replace your missing teeth.
A tooth implant is a metal rod that is inserted into your gums and that functions like a tooth root. When the implant is placed, a beautiful porcelain crown crafted to look just like your natural tooth is secured on the top. Implant dentistry supplies a new tooth root with a tooth implant made of titanium. The small metal rod fuses with the jawbone to act as a root. When the rod fuses with the jawbone, the tooth implant is considered healed. This process takes around 3-6 months. Once the rod is in place, a porcelain crown is attached to replace the top part of your tooth.
The dental crown serves as the “new” tooth on top of the “new” tooth root. Dr. Maricarmen Ramirez is able to finish your dental implants by placing the crown, bridge, denture, or other prosthetic.
Uses for Tooth Implants
- Dental implants may also be used to anchor dentures, especially lower dentures that tend to shift when you talk or chew.
- For patients with removable partial dentures, dental implants can permanently replace missing teeth so that you have a more natural-looking smile.
- We offer traditional dental implants and mini dental implants. Both implant dentistry options have advantages, depending on your individual circumstances. An implant dentistry mini tooth implant works better for people who have limited bone in their jaw.
- Implant dentistry traditional dental implants can be used to secure permanent dentures.
- All on 4 are a special type of implant dentistry that can give you dental implants and permanent dentures in a day!
Cosmetic dentist Dr. Ramirez would be happy to take a look and provide you with all the tooth implant restoration options available so you can make the best decision for your health and your smile, and figure out if dental implants are right for you.