Meet Addison Dentist – Dr. Johnathan Nobles
If you are like most patients who meet Dr. Johnathan “Zheka” Nobles, you will immediately experience a gentle chairside manner, a listening ear, and a brilliant problem solver. He helps people identify exactly what they want and the best way to achieve the desired results.
He loves giving people a beautiful smile with cosmetic dentistry as well as helping when needed with a wide variety of dental emergency procedures including surgery, trauma and endodontics.
Dr. Nobles combines his dental expertise with years of healthcare technology experience and research at Harvard Medical School. He received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from The University of California at San Francisco where he graduated top of his class with numerous awards including The Dean’s Scholarship and International Congress of Oral Implantologist Achievement Award.
In addition to English, he speaks Spanish, Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese. He is an accomplished artist, classical guitarist, and loves to code.
We look forward to your experiencing dental care at the hands of a compassionate master of the art and science of creating long-lasting, beautiful smiles.
Meet Dr. Julio Obando
Dr. Julio Obando was born and raised in San Jose, Costa Rica. He graduated from University of Costa Rica as a Doctor in Dental Surgery. During his time as a dental student, he performed duties as a Teacher Assistant in Head
and Neck Anatomy, served as a Student Assembly Representative and was President of the Association of Dental Students. He took studied Business Administration at the Hispanoamerican University of Costa Rica.
After working four years as a General Dentist gaining restorative knowledge and experience; he began his journey towards his real passion… research, surgery, periodontics, and implants.
He was accepted for a Post-doctoral Externship Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). When concluded; he worked as a Research Scholar at UIC studying Genetic Basis of Gingival and Periodontal Pathologies. After culminated, he began his Periodontal Residency Program and his Master’s in Oral Sciences at UIC. Dr. Obando is a board-certified Diplomate in Periodontology and board-certified Diplomate in Dental Implant Surgery by the
American Academy of Periodontology. As well he is certified in IV sedation. Dr. Obando has published several papers and continue doing research in his private practice. He collaborated in writing the textbook of “Advances in Periodontal Surgery 2019”.
Dr Obando enjoys playing tennis, traveling to the beach, and spending time with his wife and family.
Certifications & Associations
Dr. Obando is an active member of:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology
- Dallas County Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Costa Rican National Dental Association
- Periodontal Residency (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Master in Oral Sciences (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Certificate in Moderate IV Sedation (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Post-doctoral Fellow in Research of Genetics Basis in Gingival and Periodontal
Pathologies (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Periodontal Post-doctor Externship Program (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Licentiate in Dentistry (University of Costa Rica)
- Doctor in Dental Surgery (University of Costa Rica)
- Business Administration Studies (University of Costa Rica)
Dr. Obando’s Academic Achievements
- Thesis Master’s defense: Evaluation of the Clinical Utility and Validity of IL SNPs as Genetic markers for Periodontitis (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- 2nd Place for Poster presentation: Assessment of the Clinical Validity and Clinical Utility ofIL SNPs as Predictors for Periodontitis
- Head and Neck Anatomy Teacher Assistant for Post-Graduate Programs (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Poster presentation: Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma) and a periodontally involved patient: a case report (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Poster presentation: Assessment of the Clinical Validity and Clinical Utility of IL SNPs as Predictors for Periodontitis (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- IADR 44th Annual Meeting,, Poster Presentation: Efficacy and Efficiency of SNPs as a Genetic Test for Periodontitis
- IADR 43th Annual Meeting,, Poster Presentation: IL-6 SNP rs1800795 Is A Poor Genetic Test For Periodontitis
- Poster presentation: Assessment of Damaging SNPs in Aggressive Periodontitis Associated Genes
- DDS thesis defense: Anterior-Posterior Dimensional (University of Costa Rica)
- President of Dental Student Association (University of Costa Rica)
- Academic Excellence Scholarship (University of Costa Rica)